Tableware 2017 is part of GlobalData’s Home Retail Series, which provides expert insight into the tableware market, with value and volume forecasts to 2022. The report provides quantitative and qualitative insight into the UK market, analysing key trends in the market based on GlobalData’s consumer data.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Key issues and success strategies within the tableware market in the UK
- Market size and forecast: a look at the total market size and forecast for the UK tableware market
- Retailer profiles: a detailed look at the dominant players including market shares and outlooks
- Consumer data: a detailed look at what, how and where people are buying tableware products
- UK consumers are more likely to purchase a ‘drinking’ item than any other tableware category, with 50.4% of people purchasing from this category in 2016, followed by 27.3% buying crockery. Only 14.6% of people say they have bought a set in the last year, reflecting the higher price nature of this category.
- Dining occasions are becoming more casual; almost double the percentage of consumers stated they had people round for a casual dinner (40.3%) than had held a formal dinner party at home (20.6%) in the past six months.
- Price is the number one consideration when buying tableware (37.1% of consumers). Design (21.6%) and quality at (19.2%) were also important. This strong differential between consumers responding to price and all other factors is a clear signal to retailers that they must be price competitive.
Reasons to buy
- This HRS report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the tableware market based on insights from GlobalData’s bespoke consumer survey and analyst insight.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation-ready material.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers understand the opportunities within the tableware market.